FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How do I find the information I need on this website?
A. There are two ways:
- Click on any topic in the top menu bar on the Home Page. A drop-down menu will appear. Click
on the item of interest to you.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Home Page and click on Site Map. A comprehensive
list of items will appear.
Q. How do I know who to ask about a specific event, activity or venue or social media?
A. Click this link for a printable list of who to contact.
Q. How can I be sure I’m getting the latest information about RFAA activities?
A. We strive to reach all our members in a timely fashion.
- PLEASE provide us with correct contact information when you join RFAA, to ensure you will
receive our e-newsletter and eblasts via Mailchimp. Your email and phone number allow us to
contact you in any emergency.
- Let us know if you change your address, phone number or email.
We never share your information with any other organization.
Q. How do I find out more about RFAA activities?
A. There are four primary ways we communicate with our members:
- Facebook announcements.
Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/roswell-finearts This site is updated several times a week.
You must sign up for Facebook and apply to follow the RFAA site.
- Mail Chimp announcements
Urgent notices about RFAA events and activities are periodically sent to members. Mail Chimp
requires you to subscribe to receive these notices. Simply respond to an e-blast with your name and
“I agree to receive Mail Chimp emails from RFAA.”
- The RFAA website and calendar At https://rfaa.org, which is updated at regular intervals, but not as often as Facebook, and contains
detailed information about all things RFAA.
- ART/iculation E-Newsletter Sent our four times a year to all members, with pictures of our art, articles about members,
information about sales, and art resources.
Q. How do I start/renew membership in RFAA?
A: It is very simple:
New Members: Fill out the online membership application form on this site OR print a paper form,
OR use one in our (paper) membership brochure. Dues per year are $40 individual; $50 couple, 80s
+, $25 per year; full-time students 18+, $10 per year.
- Renewing Members: No application form is needed, but enclose any changes in your contact
information since last year with the payment of your dues.
- All Members: Scroll down below the online form to pay with Paypal online, OR send a check with
the completed application to PO Box 2084, Roswell, GA 30077. Note: There is no mail delivery to
our street address.
Q. What are the benefits of RFAA membership?
A. Here are the highlights!
Access to a network of over 100 artists with whom to share experiences and knowledge
- Learning through demonstrations, classes and workshops
- Plein air opportunities at various locations
- Open studio sessions at the Art Center East Gallery on Fouts Road
- Regular membership meetings with presentations by expert artists and art-related individuals
- Opportunities to participate in juried and non-juried shows during the year
- Venues and virtual shows at which to exhibit and sell art
- Listing and Linking at the RFAA website
- Promoting members’ art on Instagram and Pinterest
- E-newsletters with articles of interest to artists
- Sharing art through community events such as an annual High Schools Art Show
- Social events such as Opening Receptions, Brunches and Holiday Parties
- THE JOY OF SHARING WHAT WE LOVE WITH FELLOW ARTISTS AND OUR COMMUNITY
Q. What do I need to enter a show or venue?
A. Follow these three steps:
Each artwork must have a wire hanger attached to the back and a completely filled out LABEL
(You can PRINT these under FORMS)
- Print an Entry Form and fill out completely. Once per year, print a Universal Waiver form and fill
- READ THE PROSPECTUS for shows or VENUE PROTOCOL for venues and follow instructions.
Q. How do I use Sign-up Genius?
A. Sign-up Genius is a quick and easy way to pick a date and time to keep the Art Center Gallery on
Founts Road open on Fridays and Saturdays. If you have not used Signup Genius before, you will
be asked to create an account. Once the account is created you can verify that you have signed up
and log out. You will only need to create an account once.
- Click any Signup Genius button on the website. (See a yellow one on Home Page or green one
on Venue page).
- Read the information about gallery sitting.
- Scroll down until you find an open date.
- Click Sign Up and type your name and the location where you will sell (naming venue or show).
- Click the blue Submit and Sign Up button at the bottom of the calendar page.
Q. Where do I find change out dates for all RFAA venues?
A. There are two ways:
- Look at the Calendar on this website
- Under Venues scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the printable list of all change outs
for 2020 (NOTE 2/21: Currently, due to Covid 19, our only venue is Chattahoochee Nature Center.br>
Once we are able to show at other venues again, we will provide a list)
Q. Why are rules/protocols different for different shows and venues?
A. RFAA´s primary location for shows is the Art Center East on Fouts Road. All other venues are at
facilities owned by others. The host venues set their own rules regarding acceptable themes, sizes,
and framing options for artwork. Always check before a show as the venue rules/protocols may have
Q. What do the annual dues cover?
A. Your annual dues give you eligibility to take part in our shows, demos and other activities. NOTE:
Juried shows have an additional modest entry fee. Workshops given by esteemed artists are offered
to RFAA members at a lower rate than non-member participants.
Q. Why are there so many requests for volunteers?
A. RFAA has no paid staff. All our shows, events and activities are powered by members who give
their time and abilities to make things happen for all of us. We have many opportunities for you to volunteer whether you have a little time or a lot. We also welcome the assistance of people with specialized knowledge and experience.
Please contact Sherry Hardage to find out more.
Q. What is a Prospectus?
A. A Prospectus is a document that gives the calendar, rules for entry, fees and other information
about a particular show. The prospectus can vary from time to time for the same show so be sure to
read each one completely before entering a show.
Q. What is the difference between a Prospectus and a Protocol?
A. A Prospectus gives all the details for a particular show and a Protocol is a set of expectations and
rules for all showings at a specific venue.
Q. What is a Waiver and why do I need one?
A. A Waiver explains the responsibilities of both RFAA and of the artist when showing works at our
venues. By signing a Universal Waiver (once a year for all RFAA venues) or a specific Waiver
(unique to a specific show), you acknowledge that you understand and accept these responsibilities.
Look under FORMS to print out a Universal Waiver.