FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How do I find the information I need on this website?
There are two ways:
Q. How do I know who to ask about a specific event, activity or venue or social media?
Click this link for a printable list of who to contact.
Q. How can I be sure I’m getting the latest information about RFAA activities?
We strive to reach all our members in a timely fashion.
PLEASE provide us with correct contact information when you join RFAA or renew your membership.
And also let us know if you change your address, phone number or email.
There are three primary ways we communicate with RFAA members:
1. Facebook announcements https://www.facebook.com/groups/roswell-finearts This site is updated several times a week.
2. Mail Chimp announcements
Urgent notices about RFAA events and activities are periodically sent to members Mail Chimp requires you to subscribe to receive these notices. Simply respond to an e-blast with your name and I agree to receive Mail Chimp emails from RFAA.
3. The RFAA website and calendar http://www.rfaa.org This is updated at regular intervals, but not as often as Facebook and contains detailed information about all things RFAA.
Q. How do I start/renew membership in RFAA?
Fill out the online membership application form on this site, print a paper form, or use one in our (paper) membership brochure. Dues are $40 per year; over 80s, $25 per year; full-time students, $10 per year. Scroll down below the online form to pay with Paypal online, or send a check with the completed application to PO Box 2084, Roswell, GA 30077. Note: Mail sent to our street address will be returned to you.
Q. What are the benefits of RFAA membership?
Here are the highlights!
• Access to a network of over 100 artists with whom to share experiences and knowledge
• Learning experiences through demonstrations, classes and workshops
• Plein air opportunities at various locations
• Open studio opportunities at the Art Center Gallery on Fouts Road
• Monthly meetings with presentations by expert artists and art-related individuals
• Opportunities to participate in juried and non-juried shows
• Venues at which to exhibit and sell art
• Listing and Linking at the RFAA website
• Promoting members’ art on Instagram and Pinterest
• Blog and newsletter issues with articles of interest to artists
• Sharing art through community events such as an annual High Schools Art Show
• Social events such as Members’ Luncheon, Newcomers’ Brunch, Winter Holiday Party
• THE JOY OF SHARING WHAT WE LOVE WITH FELLOW ARTISTS AND OUR COMMUNITY
Q. What do I need to enter a show or venue?
Q. How do I use Sign-up Genius?
Sign-up Genius is a quick and easy way to pick a date and time to keep the Art Center Gallery on Founts Road open on Fridays and Saturdays. Click any Signup Genius button on the website. (See a yellow one on Home Page or green one on Venue page). Read the information about gallery sitting. Scroll down until you find an open date. Click Sign Up and type your name and the location where you will sell (naming the venue or show). Click the blue Submit and Sign Up button at the bottom of the calendar page. If you have not used Signup Genius before, you will be asked to create an account. Once the account is created you can verify that you have signed up and log out. You will only need to create an account one time.
Q. Where do I find change out dates for all RFAA venues?
There are two ways:
Q. Why are rules/protocols different for different shows and venues?
RFAA’s primary location for shows is the Art Center on Fouts Road. All other venues are at facilities owned by others. The host venues set their own rules regarding acceptable themes, sizes, and framing options for artwork. Always check before a show as the venue rules/protocols may have changed.
Q. What do the annual dues cover?
Your annual dues give you eligibility to take part in our shows, demos and other activities. NOTE: Juried shows have an additional modest entry fee. Workshops given by esteemed artists are offered to RFAA members at a lower rate than non-member participants.
Q. Why are there so many requests for volunteers?
RFAA has no paid staff. All our shows, events and activities are powered by members who give their time and abilities to make things happen for all of us. We have many opportunities for you to volunteer whether you have a little time or a lot. We also welcome the assistance of people with specialized knowledge and experience.
Please contact Sherry Hardage at email@example.com to find out more.
Q. What is a Prospectus?
A. Prospectus is a document that gives the calendar, rules for entry, fees and other information about a particular show. They can vary from time to time for the same show so be sure to read each one completely before entering a show.
Q. What is the difference between a Prospectus and a Protocol?
A. Prospectus is for a particular show and a Protocol is a set of expectations/rules for all showings at a specific venue.
Q. What is a Waiver and why do I need one?
A. A Waiver explains the responsibilities of RFAA and of the artist when showing works at our venues. By signing a Universal Waiver (once a year for all RFAA venues) or a specific Waiver (unique to a specific show), you acknowledge that you understand and accept these responsibilities. Look under FORMS to print out a Universal Waiver.