RFAA is very fortunate to have several venues where we display and sell our art. These guidelines will insure a happy and profitable relationship between you and our venue owners. Please note how sales are conducted at each venue and adhere to our guidelines.
To Prepare to Show at a Venue:
- Check the Venue Calendar below for dates and themes. Change outs occur approximately every three to four months
- Carefully read the requirements for the venue you wish to enter
- Permanently write your name, title of the work, medium and your phone number on the back of each work you submit
- Use a wire hanger with the wire loose enough to allow some give but not show above the work (NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS ACCEPTED)
- Complete an Inventory/ Entry Form and bring with you (see FORMS ABOVE)
- SIGN UP to Gallery sit (once for each time you bring art to a venue) www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F054BAFAB2CA3F85-gallery
- IF YOU SELL A PAINTING in a venue directly (buyer calls you) please have the check for the sale made out to: Roswell Fine Arts Alliance and mail it along with a Sales Tracking Form (see FORMS ABOVE) to ATTN: Treasurer, P.O. Box 2084, Roswell, GA 30077. RFAA’s Treasurer will deduct 20% commission and return a check to you for the balance.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT all art taken to a venue must remain in the venue until the take down date. Early withdrawal of a work will result in a 20% of sale price penalty payment.
Chattahoochee Nature Center: Chair: Mary Semmelmayer firstname.lastname@example.org – two sizes of art are accepted depending on which quarter we are showing. Large art (16 x 20 to 18 x 24) is accepted for our wall shows on alternating quarters and small art (16 x 20 or smaller) is accepted for our grids during all sessions. Sales are made by the staff in the Gift Shop, monthly check sent to RFAA treasurer who will send check minus 20% commission to artist. Themes: nature related and plein air.
East Roswell Library: Chair: Gail Tyree email@example.com – small paintings (11 x 14 and 8 x 10) relating to children will be accepted at quarterly change-outs to be displayed in the children’s area of the library. Sales: Client contacts individual artist to purchase. (see directions above) Themes: see Venue Calendar.
Fickle Pickle Restaurant: Chair: Mary Wyman firstname.lastname@example.org Venue Address 1085 Canton Street, Roswell. Artworks should be 16 x 20 or larger. No glass on paintings. Owner prefers NO human figures. Changeouts occur Quarterly on Mondays at 4:00pm. Sales are made by staff. Artist will receive a check form RFAA Treasurer less 20% commission. See calendar for exact dates.
Roswell Main Library: Chair: Jennie Carmical email@example.com Venue Address 115 Norcross Street, Roswell. Artwork is collected on Sundays from 2:30 to 4:30, hung on the next Monday from 10:00 to 11:30. Artwork from the previous show collected on Monday during hanging or on Tuesday at 10:00 am. Themes vary from show to show (see calendar for current theme) Buyer will contact the artist directly. (See directions above)
Uptown Café: Chair: Sonja Allers firstname.lastname@example.org Venue Address: 9850 Nesbit Ferry Rd., John’s Creek, GA. Minimum size 16 x 20 for dining room. LARGE art for the Private room (exs. 36 x 36, 36 x 48 etc.) Since the walls have been recently painted, the venue owner will hang the artwork when no customrers are present. Please arrive no earlier than 1:00pm on change out days. One artist will be invited to be Artist of the Month and will not have to stay within the theme. See calendar below for dates and themes.
PLEASE BE SURE TO LET YOUR VENUE CHAIR KNOW WHEN YOU MAKE A SALE!!